Guideline for Dress
Clothing should be consistent with the seriousness and dignity of the judicial process. It should be constructed and worn in such a manner that it is not unduly revealing or offensive.
- Shirts and shoes must be worn at all times.
- Shorts may be worn as long as they are at least mid-thigh in length.
Clothing That Will Not Be Permitted Includes:
- Anything that is obviously dirty, torn, ripped, cut or mutilated.
- Anything associated with drugs or gangs.
- Anything containing words, pictures or symbols that are obscene, profane or sexually suggestive.
- Halter tops, tank tops, see-through tops, bare-midriff tops, tops with open backs or bare shoulders.
- Swim wear, bathing suits, lingerie, pajamas.
- Pants that allow undergarments or bare skin to show such as low cut hip-huggers and loose fitting pants that expose boxer shorts.
- All hats or headgear unless otherwise approved by a Judge.
- Short shorts (less than mid-thigh in length).
THIS DRESS CODE IS STRICTLY ENFORCED. YOU WILL BE ASKED TO LEAVE THE COURT AND RETURN IN PROPER ATTIRE IF YOU FAIL TO COMPLY WITH THIS CODE.